According to the officials, the young bomber mingled with worshippers prior to detonating the explosives.
Police officials are reporting that at least 50 people have been killed in a suicide bombing in the eastern Nigeria.
The bomber, who Sky News reports to be a teen, targeted worshippers at a mosque during morning prayers in Mubi.
According to the officials, the young bomber was observed mingling with worshippers prior to detonating the explosives.
Police spokesman, Abubakar Othman, said the death toll will likely rise "as those seriously injured could add to the figure".
Last December, two young female suicide bombers carried out a deadly attack, which claimed the lives of 56 people and wounded dozens more in a crowded market in the same town.
The attack on the mosque in Mubi has not been claimed by any group.
Over the past eight years, approximately 20,000 people have been killed by Boko Haram.
- Filmmaker Clint Eastwood to Premiere Film on Terrorism
- 'Syria chemical weapons probe poisoned by new Russia-US Cold War'
- Manhattan attack wouldn't have happened if CIA ‘spent less time’ arming terrorists – Assange
- Thousands evacuated from Moscow buildings as Russian cities inundated with bomb threats
- Dozens dead and injured after massive blast rocks Kabul (VIDEO, PHOTOS)